In a couple of weeks (all dates below) Espen Sommer Eide (Phonophani, Alog) will appear for a special project at the "Tabularasa" room of the Manifesta Exhibition in Bolzano, Italy. At the table I will "refurbish" and "reconstruct" old italian vinyl records to become instruments. A picture of a prototype can be seen below - And in the end there will be a mini-concert with the newly built instruments. If you are in the area at the time please bring your old records to be transformed (you even get to bring the finished instrument back home with you)!
The big ALOG project for the autumn is our first tour of Japan in October. Having done only large scale shows the past year with 3-6 people on stage and a ton of custom made instruments to carry around it will be interesting to go back to doing some intimate duo-shows again. In Japan we team up with Alexander Rishaug/Marius Watz and Jana Winderen. The exact dates and venues are not set yet, but we expect to visit Kyoto, Osaka and Tokyo. Also we will visit London for a special concert in the woods together with the Owlproject (www.owlproject.com).
Here are all the dates, and hope to see you there!
12. Sep. 08 Phonophani, Manifesta, Bolzano, Italy
2. Oct. 08 Alog, Concrete and Glass, London
14. Oct. 08 Alog Stimul Festival, Prague
22. Oct. 08 Alog, (tba) Japan
23. Oct. 08 Alog, (tba) Japan
24. Oct. 08 Alog, (tba) Japan
25. Oct. 08 Alog, (tba) Japan
8. Nov. 08 Phonophani, Toulouse, France
11. Nov. 08 Phonophani, Perpignan, France
6. Dec. 08 Alog, Urbaines Festival, Lausanne, Switzerland